Conveniently located to serve Arlington, Alexandria, and Washington DC
Cleanings and Prevention
At SKS Dental, we recognize prevention as the most effective step in stopping oral health complications. Our esteemed dentist, Dr. Smita Sabharwal, offers comprehensive cleanings and preventive services to ensure the health of her patients. We welcome patients of all ages from Arlington, Falls Church, Virginia Square, and all the surrounding communities.
From your initial consultation to your recurring check-ups, SKS Dental exams are thorough and complete. We use modern technology to detect underlying dental issues before they develop. With our comprehensive exams, we prevent cavities, gum disease, and the effects of decay.
We take our time with each examination. Creating a rapport with our patients ensures they feel comfortable to voice any concerns they may have. We address all issues and are attentive and caring to the needs of each individual.
- Examination of dental X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Our competent staff of dental hygienists clean teeth with a gentle and considerate touch. Patient comfort is a high priority for us. We want to ensure patients find their cleaning experience enjoyable and will return for regular treatments.
A detailed, professional cleaning from SKS Dental removes plaque and helps prevent cavities and decay. Returning for a cleaning every six month will help you reach optimal oral health.
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums.
This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Oral Cancer Screenings
Detecting oral cancer in its early stages increases the chances of successful treatment. Dr. Sabharwal and her team conduct oral cancer screenings to catch this life-threatening disease as soon as possible. Patients are at an increased risk for oral cancer if they smoke, drink heavily, use tobacco in any form, or have a history of significant sun exposure or a previous oral cancer diagnosis.
We use the Veloscope® imaging system to detect mucosal abnormalities that aren’t visible to the naked eye. Veloscope detects signs of oral cancer and pre-malignant dysplasia using fluorescence visualization. SKS Dental is proud to offer this technologically advanced service to our patients.
Take Control of Your Oral Health: Call Us Today!
Keep your oral health under control with regular cleanings and preventive services. Our team at SKS Dental is dedicated to the health of our patients. Our services and information are intended to help you succeed in your oral health goals. If you have more questions about our services, please feel free to contact SKS Dental at our Arlington dental office. We look forward to working with you!
I am so glad! landed in Dr. Sabharwal’s chair! Her gracious customer service and exceptional dental skill set delivers a patient experience of the highest caliber. As a nursing supervisor for surgical services I noted a very clean environment that has been designed for a spa experience in a very private setting. I would urge anyone seeking to establish a future with a professional and caring dentist to find your own way to Dr. Sabharwa’s chair too!